When we are using the wordpress sites then we need to clean the database always. If your site is having more than 500 articles then you need to worry about server performance.
How to Optimize Your WordPress Database using plugin
Mysql load will impact your server. Many people are suggesting to use the WP-DBManager wordpress plugin. But forgot about plugin feature. That plugin specially made for database backup and managing the tables.
If you want to optimize your wordpress database then you need to use wp-optimize wordpress plugin. I found that is only plugin is helpful for really keep optimize your wordpress database.
I used that plugin. Before using that plugin my mysql database size was 135mb. After using that wp-optimize plugin features database size was 4mb. That means my database really optimized. My sites performance was also improved.
I really liked this wordpress plugin. Thanks to Ruhani Rabin who wrote this plugin.
You can download this plugin from here:
Simple but effective plugin allows you to extensively clean up your WordPress database and optimize it without doing manual queries.
What is features of wp-optimize?
- Enable/Disable trackbacks for all published post
- Enable/Disable comments for all published post
- Removal of stale post revisions
- Removal of stale unapproved and spam comments
- Removal of trashed comments
- Removal of akismet metadata from comments
- Removal of other stale metadata from comments
- Mobile device friendly, now you can optimize your site on the go
- Removal of all trackbacks and pingbacks
- Cleaning up auto draft posts
- Removal of transient options
- Clear out the post trash
- Automatic cleanup of all the integrated options (also uses retention if enabled)
- Ability to keep selected number of weeks data when cleaning up
- Option to add or remove link on wp admin bar.
- Enable/Disable weekly schedules of optimization
- Apply native WordPress MySql optimize commands on your database tables without phpMyAdmin or any manual query.
- Display Database table statistics. Shows how much space can be optimized and how much space has been cleared.
- Enabled for Administrators only.
Every-time you save a new post or pages, WordPress creates a revision of that post or page. If you edit a post 6 times you might have 5 copy of that post as revisions. Imagine if your post or pages are long and big. It is a huge number of bytes that’s on your MySQL overhead. Now WP-Optimize allows you to optimize and shrink your posts table by removing not necessary post revisions from the database. As example, if you have a post which is approximately 100KB data and you have 5 revisions of that post, the total space wasted is about 500KB. And if you have 100 posts similar to it, you have 50MB database space wasted.