In every second wordpress sites we used the slider or slideshow. Sliders are very important in wordpress sites. There are many requirements about different types of sliders. Here I collected some very popular jquery wordpress slider plugins. Slider plugins are required in very second wordpress websites. I tested the following wordpress plugins and it found great features..
Best five jquery wordpress slider plugins
This is a highly customizable jQuery Slider plugin. You can set its width, height, pagination and other parameters. You can use it on your post or page using schortcode
The ‘JJ NextGen JQuery Slider’ allows you to create a ‘Nivo slider’ (http://nivo.dev7studios.com/) as a widget or as a shortcode. This plugin uses the ‘NextGen Gallery’ plugin for its images.
- NextGen Gallery Plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery/)
NextGen Gallery Integration:
- This plugin uses the original width and height of the image uploaded so make sure the images are the correct dimensions when uploaded.
- Alt & Title Text Field: Provide a full url here and the image will link to this. Only works if alt field starts with either of these; /, http, or ftp.
- Description Field: Will be used as a caption.
RoundAbout JQuery Slider
This plugin allows you to insert a standard version of the Roundabout jQuery rotating slider into any page or post using a shortcode.
Promotion slider is a jQuery slider that makes it easy to insert a simple slideshow, or implement multiple rotating ad zones, on a webpage. Because it is highly-customizable, you are in complete control of what shows on the slider, what shows on your promotion pages and how it all works. A simple options page and straight-forward shortcodes provide great flexibility to the average user, while power users can take advantage of special actions and filters built into the plugin to add their own customizations.
WP Orbit Slider is based around the jQuery Orbit Slider from the excellent team Zurb. It uses a custom post type for each slide and taxonomies to create slider groups. The restriction is one slider per post/page. Dont fill your pages with sliders. Use one. Make it bold and get your message across!
This is the Slider Plugin I always wished I had. Simply install the plugin, add some slides & use your slider! It’s that easy.
- Plenty of Settings like animation, speed, etc.
- Multiple Sliders
- Slider Sorter: Order your slides using drag & drop AJAX.
- Video Slides
- Slide Links
The Simple Nivo Slider plugin provides easy access to Gilbert Pellegrom’s excellent jQuery-based Nivo Slider. The admin panel makes it easy to tweak the most commonly used Nivo Slider options from within WordPress.
Cyclone Slider 2 follows the keep it simple mantra. It leverages WordPress’ built-in features. It uses custom post for the slideshow, custom fields to store settings, and media uploader for the images. It also uses a template system that allows developers to easily customize the slideshow to their needs. Its simple yet flexible.
- Very easy to use interface! Blends seamlessly with your WordPress workflow.
- Supports image, video, and custom HTML slides.
- Powered by Cycle 2, the most flexible jQuery slideshow plugin.
- A template system that allows developers to easily customize the slideshows.
- Customizable tile transition effects.
- Ability to add per-slide transition effects.
- Unlimited slideshows.
- Unique settings for each slideshow.
- Supports random slide order.
- Shortcode for displaying slideshows anywhere in your site.
- Ability to import images from NextGEN (NextGEN must be installed and active).
- Ability to use qTranslate quick tags for slide title and descriptions (qTranslate must be installed and active).
- Allows title and alt to be specified for each slide images.
- Comes with a widget to display your slideshow easily in widget areas.
- It’s totally FREE!
Hope you like the list